Baby Gem™ Boxwood
This petite-leafed evergreen lives up to its name, producing smooth, glossy dark-green leaves while simultaneously achieving an easily manageable size of 3 feet tall and wide. The Baby Gem Boxwood works tremendously well in smaller gardens due to its compact dwarf size, and is ideal in low shrub borders, formal hedges, natural hedges, container gardens, and numerous other applications. The tightly growing foliage is abundant, and it remains consistent year-round. The slow to moderate rate of growth makes these boxwoods remarkably easy to maintain, with pruning being optional during the spring. Once established, these plants are drought, heat, and deer tolerant, making it one of the hardiest shrubs available.
- water before planting
- plant in Full Sun or mostly sun
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1"-2" above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- Apply a balanced slow-release fertilizer each spring
- We guarantee the delivery of only live, healthy plants to your doorstep. If, for some reason, you believe the plant you receive is not a live and healthy specimen, please take a photo immediately, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Plants found to not be healthy or alive, or plants found to be damaged in shipping -- if reported within seven days of shipping -- will be replaced. We will do our best to not ship plants during extreme weather months such as winter, however understanding your own weather conditions is your responsibility. If your area is extremely cold or hot during a particular month, and you choose to order, you are assuming the risk of the safe arrival of live plants to you. Please be sure to instruct your mailman on proper placement of such packages to avoid prolonged temperature exposure. Customer takes full and sole responsibility for providing care to the plants once in your possession. Customer agrees to open the box and take care of the plants received immediately. Failure of live plants to thrive is the sole responsibility of the customer. No refunds nor replacement plants are provided. However, please do feel free to contact us for planting and care assistance if you need additional guidance. Thanks, and happy gardening!
- Calculated at Checkout