Early Bird™ Crape Myrtle Lavender
True to its name, the Early Bird Crape Myrtle from the Southern Living Plant Collection begins blooming in May, often as early as Mother’s Day, which is considerably earlier than other June-July blooming crape myrtles. Not only is the Early Bird the first on the block to have blooms, it re-blooms for a total of around 100-120 days of eye-popping lavender color. The Early Bird Crape Myrtle Lavender is one of three beautiful varieties of early blooming, semi-dwarf crape myrtles. Traditionally only reaching heights of 5-8’ feet tall, the limited height of the Early Bird Crape Myrtles makes them a fantastic choice for an informal hedge. The emerald green leaves provide the perfect backdrop for the soft lavender flowers that emerge from tight, grape-like clusters. These flowers are delicate as well as stunning, and add a unique splash of color to any landscape. Find a sunny, or mostly sunny, spot to plant this amazing shrub and enjoy its symphony of blooms for years to come.
- water before planting
- plant in Full Sun to Part Shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1"-2" above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- apply a slow-release fertilizer in early spring
- We guarantee the delivery of only live, healthy plants to your doorstep. If, for some reason, you believe the plant you receive is not a live and healthy specimen, please take a photo immediately, and email to email@example.com. Plants found to not be healthy or alive, or plants found to be damaged in shipping -- if reported within seven days of shipping -- will be replaced. We will do our best to not ship plants during extreme weather months such as winter, however understanding your own weather conditions is your responsibility. If your area is extremely cold or hot during a particular month, and you choose to order, you are assuming the risk of the safe arrival of live plants to you. Please be sure to instruct your mailman on proper placement of such packages to avoid prolonged temperature exposure. Customer takes full and sole responsibility for providing care to the plants once in your possession. Customer agrees to open the box and take care of the plants received immediately. Failure of live plants to thrive is the sole responsibility of the customer. No refunds nor replacement plants are provided. However, please do feel free to contact us for planting and care assistance if you need additional guidance. Thanks, and happy gardening!
- Calculated at Checkout