The Southern Living Plant Collection presents a new variety of heavenly bamboo, the Lemon Lime Nandina. As the name suggests, the Lemon Lime has brilliant lime green foliage that is an uncommon, exciting addition to any landscape. This evergreen shows off its dazzlingly bright leaves in the spring when it is at its most vivid, and by summer fades to a light green. The Lemon Lime works phenomenally well as a low hedge, groundcover, or an accent, and is at home in an Asian themed garden. Plant this Nandina in moist well-drained garden soil in an area that will receive full sun to part shade.
- Water before planting
- Plant in Full Sun to Part Shade
- Dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- Backfill and plant 1"-2" above soil level
- Water and add more soil if needed
- Mulch plants
- Apply a slow-release fertilizer in early spring