Free Shipping On All Orders Over $99!
This Month's Sale
Evergreen or Decidous
About This Month's Sale
TAKE 20% OFF ANY SIZE OF SOUTHERN LIVING BLUEBERRY BY ENTERING THIS COUPON CODE ON YOUR SHOPPING CART:
February is Heart Health Month! And blueberries are powerful sources of antioxidants and nutrients that promote overall heart health. So for the rest of February, we’re offering 2 of the finest Rabbiteye Blueberry varieties on sale, the Bless Your Heart Rabbiteye Blueberry and Takes the Cake Rabbiteye Blueberry from the Southern Living Plant Collection!
How do blueberries help with heart (and all-around) health, you may ask? And we’d say, great question!
- Blueberries contain polyphenol antioxidants known as anthocyanins. Anthocyanins have been linked to reducing oxidative stress, which in turn lowers the risk of heart disease.
- They contain a significant amount of Vitamin K, which enhances blood functions.
- Blueberries have been shown to reduce bad LDL cholesterol in the blood, which reduces the risk of heart attack and promotes arterial function.
- In some studies, they’ve been linked to improving insulin sensitivity. This decreases the likelihood of Type 2 diabetes.
- Blueberries are also a great source of fiber.
Furthermore, the Takes the Cake and Bless Your Heart Blueberries are some of the most antioxidant-rich, and prolific blueberry bushes on the market today. So you’ll have plenty of berries to enjoy year after year.
We recommend planting at least one of each variety. Rabbiteye Blueberries produce more blueberries when they cross-pollinate with different varieties of Rabbiteye Blueberry.