The Dear Dolores Hydrangea from the Southern Living Plant Collection is a tremendous and versatile plant that will provide beautiful mop-head blooms from spring into fall. As is typical with hydrangeas, these flowers emerge pink when planted in alkaline soils and blue whilst grown in acidic soils. The Dear Dolores is fast-growing and traditionally will reach 5′ tall as well as wide. These long-lived Hydrangeas will return to impress for 20 years or so, exhibiting multitudes of eye-popping blooms every year that will delight and amaze. The Dear Dolores makes a phenomenally stunning addition to any landscape, whether as a shady border planting, an accent, or in a mass planting.
- water before planting
- plant in Part Sun to Shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1″-2″ above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- apply a slow-release fertilizer in early spring