Azalea-tone® from Espoma Organic is the original acid-loving plant food. This food has been blended with Bio-tone microbes, which are a proprietary blend of the finest natural ingredients available. Azalea-tone’s natural organics break down gradually providing a safe, long-lasting food reservoir of nutrients that are activated throughout the growing season to ensure superior development and blooms on your azaleas, rhododendrons, and evergreen trees and shrubs.
What Type of Azaleas Can You Use Azalea Tone On?
When to Use Azalea-Tone
- Feed your azaleas and rhododendrons in the spring at the full rate and in the late fall at half the spring rate.
- Azaleas and rhododendrons are best fed in the spring at the first hint of bloom color
- Never apply azalea fertilizer to frozen soils
How Much Azalea-Tone Should You Use?
- Shrubs: Use 1 cup per foot of branch spread. Double the quantity if branch spread is three feet or larger
- New Beds: Mix 10 lbs. per 100 square feet and incorporate evenly into the top four or five inches of soil
- Established Beds: Feed established beds 5 lbs. per 100 square feet, distributing the product evenly
How to Apply Your Azalea-Tone
Sprinkle the recommended amount around the drip line and water thoroughly. If the area is mulched, temporarily remove the mulch and broadcast your feed, making sure to pull the mulch back over the area.