The Southern Living Plant Collection presents a shrub that will have hummingbird lovers celebrating, the Rainbow Sensation Weigela. Delicately variegated foliage adorned with light pink funnel blooms energizes the landscape with eye-popping color. While birds and butterflies flock to partake in the Rainbow Sensation’s syrupy sweet nectar, this stunning shrub is stealing the show throughout the Spring and Summer season. The Lemon-lime foliage catches light magnificently and illuminates the landscape around it. Plant the Rainbow Sensation in well-drained garden soil and fertilize once yearly in spring to keep it thriving.
- water before planting
- plant in Full Sun to Part Shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1″-2″ above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- fertilize with a slow-release fertilizer once yearly in Spring