Spring Sonata from the Southern Living Plant Collection is in perfect tune with today’s gardens. It offers dense growth, glossy green foliage, and a massive display of white flowers in spring. Growing 4′ high and 5′ wide, Spring Sonata blooms 2 to 3 weeks later than other Indian hawthornes, extending the bloom season. In fall and winter, dark purple fruit cover the plant, adding welcome color. Use it in foundation plantings, mixed borders, or containers. It’s also a great choice for the beach, because it tolerates salt spray.
- water before planting
- plant in Full Sun to Part Shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1″-2″ above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- fertilize in early spring with a slow-release fertilizer