The Sweet Olive Osmanthus (also called the Tea Olive and Fragrant Olive) is a densely branched large evergreen shrub that is native to parts of Asia. This Plant can be grown as a large hedge or screen, or the bottom branches can be trimmed to form a small tree. In late summer and early autumn the Sweet Olive produces small highly fragrant blooms that range in color from orange to yellow to white.
- water before planting
- plant in full sun to partial shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1″-2″ above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plant
- Water 2-3 times per week until established
Spacing Your Sweet Olive Osmanthus
For a seamless planting, plant your Sweet Fragrant Tea Olive Osmanthus 4-5+ feet apart. For space between shrubs space them 6-8+ feet apart.