The Green Giant Arborvitae grows into a stunning pillar of rich blue-green foliage that is truly breathtaking to behold. Growing to an average 50 feet tall, this Arborvitae is ideal as a tall privacy screen, hedge, windbreak, or specimen. As an evergreen, the Green Giant keeps its foliage year-round and is also nearly immune to disease. This durable tree is able to hold up against heavy snow as well as ice, but is at home in southern areas of high heat and humidity. This hybrid can be expected to grow around 3′ a year and naturally grows in a conical shape that requires no trimming. Plant in full sun and watch as this giant grows more impressive with each passing year.
- water before planting
- plant in Full Sun to Part Shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1″-2″ above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- apply a slow-release balanced fertilizer in early spring