The Pringles Dwarf Podocarpus Yew is the dwarf cousin of the Japanese Yew reaching a mature size of 3-4ft H x 3-4ft W. This Yew is an ornamental evergreen shrub that originates from parts of China, and Southern Japan. The Pringles Dwarf Yew has attractive large needle-shaped glossy dark green foliage that provides interesting texture in the landscape. This shrub is often used in Asian inspired and woodland gardens, or used as accents, specimens, foundations, sheared hedges, espaliers, and topiaries. This is also a great plant to use in coastal exposure because it tolerates mild salt spray and can withstand heat.
- water before planting
- plant in part sun to shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot
- backfill and plant 1″-2″ above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- Apply a balanced slow release fertilizer each spring