Scotts - Turf Builder Grass Seed Dense Shade Mix - 2.4 lb
Scotts - Turf Builder Grass Seed Dense Shade Mix - 2.4 lb is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Scotts® Turf Builder® Dense Shade Mix is a specialized grass seed formulated explicitly for dense growth in areas that receives very little sunlight. This unique blend of shade-tolerant grasses is able to thrive in locations where other grasses tend to struggle.
Dense shade grass seed will see growth in areas that receive as little as 3 hours of sunlight per day. This is a perfect choice for seeding around and under trees and for use in repairing thin and/or bare spots in your lawn.
How Do You Plant Scotts Dense Shade Grass Seed?
Scotts Dense Shade mix is easy to spread and can be done either by hand or via broadcast spreader.
Preparation: Remove any debris, such as sticks, rocks, and other items that could possibly hinder future growth.
- If grass is present, mow it as short as possible to allow the seeds to bond with the soil without issues.
- Add Soil: Apply one inch of lawn soil to the area you want to seed
Apply: For small areas, you can spread Scotts High Traffic Mix by hand or through a handheld spreader.
- You may want to apply your high-traffic mix for large areas with the specially designed Scott's seed spreader.
- Water: After 6 to 14 days, your seeds will begin to grow. Keep the soil's surface moist until the seedlings have reached 2 inches tall
What Kind of Grass Is Scotts Dense Shade Mix?
Scotts Turf Builder Dense Shade Mix contains the following finely textured grasses:
- 15% Dynamic II Tall Fescue
- 15% Duration Tall Fescue
- 15% Endeavor II Tall Fescue
- 5% Wendy Fine Fescue
- and various fertilizers and soil-improving ingredients
How Much Ground Does Scotts Dense Shade Grass Seed Cover?
Our 2.4 lb Scotts Dense Shade Mix covers up to 200 sq ft. if a new lawn is being prepared and up to 600 sq ft. if you will be overseeding the area.